Last week Launchways collaborated with FinTex to host an educational panel which focused on the HR issues startups face as they scale. FinTex is a nonprofit organization which provides local Financial Technology (“fintech”) startups with the education and resources they need to be successful. Having identified HR issues as a top challenge area for the Chicago fintech community, FinTex enlisted Launchways to host an educational event on the topic.
Launchways is a Chicago-based provider of strategic solutions for Human Resources, Payroll, and Employee Benefits. Launchways specializes in working with growing companies to help them get the people part of the business right. As a member of the vibrant Chicago startup community themselves, Launchways was elated by the opportunity to partner with FinTex to support their mission of educating local fintech leaders.
Launchways assembled a panel of expert HR thought-leaders representing some of the fastest growing companies in the Chicago fintech space. Panelists included:
- Ryan Pollock, Managing Partner, Objective Paradigm
- Carolyn Kwon Montgomery, VP of People, Pangea Money
- Carrie Gibson, Head of Talent Development Diversity & Inclusion, Avant
Launchways was also excited to welcome Jay Rudman, CEO, TopstepTrader, who gave the opening remarks at the event and is an active leader with the FinTex organization.
Launchways CEO, Jim Taylor, introduced the panelists and moderated the discussion throughout.
The topics covered during the panel included:
- Recruiting: high-impact recruiting strategies and tips on how to create seamless hiring processes to build your team as you grow.
- Retention: how to audit your company’s employee retention health and enact effective strategies that engage and retain your key employees.
- Compensation/Equity: how to structure effective compensation packages and better understand how to reward and retain key employees with equity.
In case you missed the live event, you can stream the panel content on-demand anytime below:
Both FinTex and Launchways extend their sincerest gratitude to Convene, who sponsored the event by providing the venue.